We may amend this policy to reflect changes to our business, website or to data protection legislation. We therefore ask that you revisit this policy on a regular basis to ensure you are familiar with its terms.
This policy statement applies to this website as detailed below; if you follow a link out of our site or leave our site in some other way, this policy will no longer apply.
Who we are
The Gold Emporium Ltd is the data controller of any personal data that you provide when using this website. Our company registration number and Data Protection Register number are shown below:
Company Number 07336020
Data Protection Registration Number ZA334201
We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”) for consumer credit business. Our Firm Reference Number is 739684. You can check this on the FCA website at www.fca.org.uk/register.
Our registered office is at 537 Stockport Road, Manchester, M12 4NE. You can telephone us on 0161 224 9882. Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We may collect information about you:
- as part of your loan application and for the purposes of managing your loan agreement
- from you, from public records and from third parties with your consent
- when you use our website we may collect data about you, such as your email address, IP address and pages you have visited. This includes when you contact us via our website
- information we may collect about you includes your name, address, date of birth, contact details, email address, employment information, credit record and your agreement history
We use your information to:
- communicate with you by telephone, email, SMS, or post using the contact details you have provided
- manage your account
- prevent fraud and money laundering
- respond to your queries if you use the "contact us" feature on our website
We may use your data for the above purposes to fulfil our legitimate interest of managing our legal agreement with you and where otherwise required to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and where permitted by the GDPR. If you do not provide us with your personal information, we will not be able to lend to you.
We may also use your information for other purposes where you have consented to this (see below).
We may share your information with:
- third parties to which we transfer, charge or assign your agreement or which provide services for us
- law enforcement agencies or regulatory bodies where we are required to do so by law
We store your information:
- within the European Economic Area (EEA)
- if we transfer data outside the EEA we will ensure that before we do so, there is adequate protection in place to ensure the security of your data.
We keep your information:
- for as long as it is needed to manage your account and for a maximum of six years unless a longer period is required by law.
You have the right to:
- access the information we hold about you
- ask us to make any changes to your information to make sure it is accurate and up to date
- ask us to stop or limit our use of or to delete your information (we are not obliged to do this in relation to information we need as part of our contractual relationship)
- receive your information in a format that suits you
- transfer your information to a third party
If you have any questions, want to exercise your rights or make a complaint, please contact us (See "Contact Us" page for details).
If we cannot resolve your complaint, you may contact the Financial Ombudsman Service at:
Financial Ombudsman Service
Tel: 08000 234 567
We may contact you by post, email, SMS or telephone for the purposes of marketing our products and services; please email us at email@example.com if you do not wish to receive such marketing.